- We offer awesome teacher training and support.
- We're one of the biggest English teaching companies in Korea with branches nationwide.
- We have developed effective in-house curriculum to help students engage in learning.
Understanding the challenges of learning the English language has helped us at YBM ECC to develop and implement a curriculum which focuses on the integration of listening, reading, writing, and speaking. By combining these four key elements, we are enabling our students to learn English in an exciting and effective way. We empower our students to become global leaders, and to do that, we recruit eager and passionate teachers to join us here at YBM ECC.
Oh Jae Hwan
CEO of YBM NET and YBM ECC
- Students learn Integrated English ability improvement through systematic learning steps
- Students learn the four skills of language learning through balanced learning
- Students improve their communication skills through our textbooks
- Students gain intrinsic motivation through accurate diagnosing skills and by achieving target goals
- Our in-house curriculum implements a mix of on and off-line classes
- A strict academic management system is set in place based on ECC's English Learning Roadmap
- Students acheive high grades in school and on their CSATs through a systematic, step-by-step foundation
- Students easily adapt to real-life CSATs since YBM Prime uses the same type of problems and methods of conducting classes
- Students establish a solid grammar foundation with in-house grammar textbooks reflecting secondary and higher curriculum
- Students prepare for performance evaluations with in-house speaking and writing materials
- The YBM PRIME Achievement Test is conducted on a regular basis to analyze the learning progress of the students
YBM ECC and CNN partnered together and developed teaching materials for all CNN levels. Students in the CNN program extend their background knowledge related to topics in various fields through CNN news contents. Based on contextual appropriate expressions and advanced vocabulary learning, they also cultivate an internatoinal sense of current affaris, debating skills, and presentation skills.
Students learn English actively by watching and listening to current events in real life
Students can understand context-sensitive expressions through CNN classes
Students learn through systematic, step-by-step lessons
Students build a portfolio of speaking and writing and learn listening, discussion, essay writing, and presentation skills
CNN classes foster not only integrated development of four areas but also logical and thinking skills
Read & Debate is a debate-based English class that provides an accurate understanding and analysis of various subjects. Students develop speaking and writing skills supported by logical and critical thinking skills and is used in many presigious private middle and high schools. Following the “Harkness Table” method, we read and discuss various topics and cultivate active thinking and expressions.
- Students improve their logic through discussion classes
- Students read books of various materials and genres
- Classes are task-based and developed through thorough preparation
- Students practice 'sound writing' after the discussion
- Students learn how to take notes effectively
Our Test Preparation classes help students prepare for accredited certification exams. These classes are great for students who want to achieve visible goals in a short time through intensive and systematic English learning that will also improve their overall English. Various test preparation classes are available so students can choose the class that suits their purpose and level. We offer test preparation for JET, JET Speaking, TOEFL, TOSEL, and TOEIC Bridge.
New Instructor Training YBM-TESOL
YBM-TESOL, which is conducted by the head office, provides new instructors with a comprehensive understanding of the ECC curriculum and a desirable teacher role. Top teachers give expert and pilot lectures on teaching and developing a wide range of teaching methods and let new instructors get a sense of teaching by conducting mock lectures themselves. YBM-TESOL is a specialized training program exclusively for YBM ECC instructors and must be completed by any instructor who has experience in other institutions.
Regular Instructor Re-training YBM TDS (Teacher Development Seminar)
Korean and foreign lecturers at YBM ECC will become junior English teachers by learning new teaching information and effective teaching methods through YBM TDS, which is conducted monthly by the head office, as well as regular instructor-led training at each hagwon.
What We Offer
Along with a competitive salary, benefits, and housing, teachers at YBM ECC also receive a week of formal training before teaching in a real classroom as well as monthly teacher training and meetings.
Teachers at YBM ECC are enthusiastic and energetic. They love teaching our young learners and they are flexible in the classroom. Our teachers can also teach a variety of subjects and topics from phonics to debate and are willing to commit to working with us for one year.