Understanding the challenges of learning the English language has helped us at YBM ECC to develop and implement a curriculum which focuses on the integration of listening, reading, writing, and speaking. By combining these four key elements, we are enabling our students to learn English in an exciting and effective way. We empower our students to become global leaders, and to do that, we recruit eager and passionate teachers to join us here at YBM ECC.
Oh Jae Hwan
CEO of YBM NET and YBM ECC
In this short video, you'll learn the background story of YBM ECC and our mission and vision.
You'll also learn about our class levels, in-house curriculum and iLearning programs that were designed specifically by YBM ECC. In this video, you'll also get to sit in on several classes and get a feel for the fun activities and games that are implemented throughout our curriculum and classes.
Ivy Kids is a program developed for preschool and kindergarten students that specializes in English Immersion Education. The main curriculum of Ivy Kids is based on the International Standard Curriculum (IPC), which is the international curriculum for preschool students ages 5-7. Ivy Kids provides a balanced English education for students to thrive through small class sizes, individualized attention, developmentally appropriate curriculum, and by implementing the schema building process.
- By watching and listening to current events in real life, students can learn English actively.
- Through CNN classes, students can understand context-sensitive expressions.
- Students learn through step-by-step and systematic lessons
- Students build a portfolio of speaking and writing and learn listening, discussion, essay writing, and presentation skills.
- CNN classes foster not only integrated development of four areas, but also logical and thinking skills.
Students develop speaking and writing skills supported by logical and critical thinking skills and is used in many presigious private middle and high schools.
Following the “Harkness Table” method, we read and discuss various topics and cultivate active thinking and expressions.
iLearning, which is officially certified, offers a wide range of four areas of English to maximize the effectiveness of learning. iLearning is an online learning program where students can use the learning module to prepare and review.
- Induces regular learning with a learning schedule tailored to offline courses
- Advanced voice recognition system for speaking tests
- Logical speaking practice, not just listening and following
- Presents best answers immediately and motivates by grading scale
- Improved inter-area learning ability through integrated on- and off-line programs
Learn more about CNN news, not just offline, but online. CCN4U is a self-developed online learning program by YBM ECC.
- Practice writing of various topics
- Correction map through online Writing Solution
- Pronunciation learning with state-of-the-art voice recognition capabilities
- A thorough analysis of the wrong answers by checking real-time answers
- Report sheet provided in detail and systematically after analyzing the four major areas
Grammar Up! is designed to strengthen grammar for elementary school students to middle school students. Grammar Up! is a convenient and efficient grammar video lecture service which allows students to choose their own level.
- 20 chapters, consisting of 161 video lectures
- Detailed composition ranging from simple and basic grammar to lectures on family and other grammar usage
SR/AR, STAR Reading (SR Reading Level Test) and Accelerated Reader (AR Book Quiz), is a reading program that is used for kindergarten to high school students, and is implemented in 60,000 schools in the United States and 60 countries around the world. This program is officially recommended by the National Teachers Association (NEA).
BookFLIX is the electronic library of Scholastic, the world's leading publisher of children's books.
- Students read and listen to fiction and nonfiction books in the form of video storybooks in an eBook format.
- Scholastic BookFLIX is designed and used in national libraries and public elementary schools in the U.S.
Read Together was designed for students to listen to and read from online videos of different levels of storybooks.
Our online reading programs increase interest in reading through fun chants and games.
Read Together includes:
- Story English
- Story Korean
- Story Repeat
- Story Alone
- Chant Repeat
YBM ECC has branches all over Korea including Seoul, Gyeonggi, Busan, Daejeon, Daegu, Jeju Island, and other areas! Check out Our Branches tab to see a full list of locations.