Mission & Vision
Created in 1960, SLP has been perpetuating the education philosophies of Sogang University. SLP aims to help children develop and face any challenges they may come across as they grow up. At SLP we want our students to not only perform well in exams but also be able to think, act and dream in English.
1. Kindergarten (Ages 5-7 years old)
2. Elementary School (Ages 8-11 years old)
3. Middle School (Ages 12-13 years old)
1. The RB program is geared towards young children ages 5-7 that are new to English. RB is part of the Immersion Track and lessons and curriculum is customized for each individual student based on their age and English fluency level. Classes are taught exclusively in English. You will be in charge of teaching children by age level and will be teaching them subjects such as: English language development, communication, social relations, art, physical education, and nature exploration.
The AJ program is geared towards young children ages 5-7 that are new to English. This program is on the intensive track so children need to be at a certain level to take this course. The curriculum works on developing the foundations for listening, speaking, reading and writing skills. You will be helping children develop these skills through hands-on activities such as: phonics learning, story time, songs and plays, and arts and crafts.
2. The EIP program is geared towards young children in Elementary school ages 8-11 years old. Students in this program have either gone through the AJ program or have studied English in Elementary school. This program seeks to expand students’ knowledge utilization and language acquisition and form the foundations of critical thinking and self-directed learning abilities. You will be in charge of teaching listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills from a curriculum created and set by the school which will be supplemented from a variety of content.
The SAP program is geared towards young children in Elementary school ages 8-11 years old. The students in this course have completed the AJ program or have studied English in a similar preschool immersion course. The program follows a North American style curriculum and materials to create a specific program for SLP Institute. You will be teaching speaking, writing, vocabulary, grammar, and creative and critical thinking by studying famous literary works.
3. The AS program is geared towards students in Middle school ages 12-13 years old. Students in this program have either gone through the EIP program or have studied English in Middle school. This program aims to ensure the development of academic writing and fluent presentation skills within students. You will be in charge of teaching an advanced class consisting of topics such as: English discussion, presentation, and report writing; and intensive and extensive reading comprehension. You will be teaching from AIM SUCCESS textbooks and other supplementary teaching materials.
The ASN program is geared towards students in Middle school ages 12-13 years old. Students in this program have either gone through the SAP program or have studied English in Middle school. You will be following an American Middle School Public Education Curriculum. You will be teaching subjects such as debate, public speaking, data research and analysis, and TOEFL test prep.
We're located near Dongdaemun, one of the main cultural hubs within the capital. Located right in the middle of Sungshin, it’s one of the main areas that young people love to go and hangout. There are a variety of restaurants and cafes, shopping streets and even a movie theater. The campus is located right next to Hansung University station which is a 30 minute subway ride away from Gangnam station.
Who We're Looking For
SLP is looking for the following candidates:
- MUST already be in Korea
- F-Series Visa holders are free to apply
- MUST be a native English speaker from one of the following countries: U.S.A., Canada, the U.K., Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, and South Africa
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university