Hillside Collegiate seeks to provide a North American and Canadian style curriculum to the children of South Korea. At Hillside Collegiate, we are teaching the skills needed for students to study abroad both in Canada and other countries around the world. It is our pleasure and honor to welcome you to Hillside Collegiate and IYA Skola International. Our educational institution was created by envisioning a school where students learn and grow while being immersed in the outdoor surroundings of our campus. It provides an opportunity for students to become immersed in the English language and engage in active learning that allows our students to flourish as critical and creative thinkers, collaborative and thoughtful team members and efficient and kind communicators. Our goal is to provide profound and engaging educational experiences in a safe, caring, and joyful atmosphere. This sets Hillside Collegiate apart and we are confident that our school will reach its fullest potential and become a world renowned International Institution.
Mission and Vision
Hillside Collegiate believe that the Kindergarten to Grade 12 system should strive to instil the following qualities and abilities in students:
● Engaged Thinker:
A student who thinks critically and makes discoveries; who uses technology to learn, innovate, communicate and discover; who works with multiple perspectives and disciplines to identify problems and find the best solutions; who communicates these ideas to others; and who, as a life-long learner, adapts to change with an attitude of optimism and hope for the future.
● Ethical Citizen:
A student who builds relationships based on humility, fairness and open-mindedness; who demonstrates respect, empathy and compassion; and who, through teamwork, collaboration and communication, contributes fully to the community and the world.
● Entrepreneurial Spirit:
A student who creates opportunities and achieves goals through hard work, perseverance and discipline; who strives for excellence and earns success; who explores ideas and challenges the status quo; who is competitive, adaptable and resilient; and who has the confidence to take risks and make bold decisions in the face of adversity.
1. Kindergarten (Ages 5-7 years old)
2. Elementary (Grades 1-5)
3. Middle School (Grades 6-8)
4. High School (Grades 9-12)
1. The subjects offered to students in Kindergarten are: Language arts, math, science, social studies, art, PE and music
2. The subjects offered to students in Elementary school are: Language arts, math, science, social studies, history, art, PE, music, and culture classes
3. The subjects offered to students in Middle school are: Language arts, math, science, social studies, history, art, PE, music, and High school entrance exam prep
4. The subjects offered to students in High School are: Language arts, math, science, history, art, music, and College exam prep. A variety of honors and AP classes are also available for students
Hillside Collegiate is located in Songpa-gu which is right next to the Gangnam-gu district. Near the campus there are a variety of cafes, restaurants, convenience stores, and even a full golf course! Gangnam station is a short 20 minute bus ride away where you can enjoy more shopping districts and eateries.
Who We're Looking For
Hillside Collegiate would like to work with you! Hillside Collegiate is looking for candidates who have passion and are serious about teaching. As our students are at more advanced English levels, those who have teaching experience would do well at our school!