Seeking teachers at International School located in Seoul, South KoreaCompany Name: Saint Paul Preparatory Seoul
1. Job & Community Description
Saint Paul Preparatory Seoul (SPPS) is seeking a passionate and engaging teacher(s) who will work with small and dedicated groups of students to support them through their academic journey in middle/high school years.
SPPS is located in Seocho-gu, Seoul where three major subway lines (2,3,7 lines) cross over which offers convenient access to public transportation. We have a sister school located in Gangnam-gu, Seoul, and work together closely to provide a high quality education service to our students and parents.
Employees at our schools can expect to experience a variety of benefits including excellent professional growth opportunities, Korean national health insurance, seasonal time-off for development and many more. Our school is team oriented and we seek teachers who value on the close relationship between students and faculties to enhance engaging learning environment.
2. Hiring Position
Position Type (A)
US Common Core Standard
Language Art (AP English Literature)
High School, 9th ~ 11th
Entry (less than 1 yr) or Experienced
3. Working Place
4. Key Responsibilities
- Have expert knowledge of the subject area
- Plan, prepare and conduct the assigned courses and lectures at the scheduled times.
- Record, evaluate and communicate students’ performances in an objective, fair and timely manner
- Comply with policies, standards, rules, regulations and procedures of the institution.
- Model honesty, good social skills, civic responsibility, fairness and ethical conduct
- Work collaboratively with other professionals and staff
- Bachelor’s degree, B.A. or B.S.
- F2,F4,F5,F6 visa holder or be a Korean national
- Fluent in English, Native level
- Strong communication skills
- No criminal background history
- Master’s degree in education or related discipline
- More than 3 Years of classroom teaching experience at school setting
- Teacher certification/License (in the U.S., Canada and/or South Korea)
6. Compensation and Benefit
- Annual Salary: Negotiable (based primarily on education and years of experience)
- Korean National Health Insurance (50/50)
- Korean National Pension Plan (50/50)
- 10 days of paid Christmas vacation
- 2 Months of paid summer vacation
- Severance payment
- Housing option
- Variety of position stipends (Leadership, Co-curricular teaching, Advising etc.)
- Teacher Lounge
- Annual health checkup service
- Long-term employment bonus
7. Application Information
- Directly email to firstname.lastname@example.org following two items:
1) Employment history/Curriculum Vitae with at least one professional reference listed
2) One-page Cover letter or reference letter from direct supervisor/professor/mentor
- Screening Process:
1) Job screening within the employment application
2) Candidate interviewing & 5-10 min demo lesson; in person or video call
3) Reference checking
4) Offer of employment
** Please note we will be reviewing applications as they are received.
14-8, Seocho Jungang-ro 31 gil, Seocho-gu
Phone 1: 02-3486-2000
Contact Person: Yoony Lee
Saint Paul Preparatory Seoul
St.Paul Preparatory Seoul offers students a unique educational experience through every facet of our program. Students come to SPPS to prepare for their futures while learning more about the world, and ultimately themselves. Our curriculum provides students with quality, college preparatory academics and enrichment through the all subjects. Our classes are taught from a culturally relativistic perspective and take advantage of the wealth of diversity within our student body. Through our course offerings, we meet the educational needs of a wide range of students, from those with limited English ability to those requiring substantial academic rigor. As an added benefit, St. Paul Prep students may be eligible to enroll in university courses during their 11th and 12th grade years. SPPS teachers share a passion for working with students from around the world. Our small classes allow us to provide students with individualized instruction. The majority of our faculty members hold a Master’s degree or higher, and many have professional career experience beyond the classroom. We truly care about the well-being of our students and offer them a safe, supportive, and nurturing environment in which to learn. We seek to provide students with opportunities for the development of self-awareness, social consciousness, leadership skills, and creativity through our enrichment activities, clubs, and study abroad programs. We also recognize the importance of providing our students with an enjoyable and memorable high school experience and promote positive interaction through field trips, dances, and other social events. Students are encouraged to take an active role in shaping the culture and climate of St. Paul Prep, ensuring that it is a comfortable place to grow and learn.
Company Type: Private School