Learning Support Position for a Grade 10 Special Needs StudentCompany Name: MICA International Scholars
Roles and Responsibilities
Help out a Grade 10 female student with special needs while the teacher teaches in the Grade 10 math, science, some arts, and physical education classes. It is important to be warm hearted, sincere, communicative and patient since it is a 1:1 relationship with the student.
- Assistant lecturer for a female student with special needs in high school.
- Sit next to each other during some classes in math, science, and arts and physical education in US curriculum.
- Communicate with parents every day, deliver homework, assignments, and communicate about daily routines.
- Support not only in class, but also in the daily life of student while at school.
- Candidates must be a female
- Experienced special needs preffered
- Must hold a diploma and background check with a federal level apostille
- Start date: September 27th
- Working Time: M-F 7:40am-4:40pm
- Working hours: 15 hours of 25 hours a week.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary: Depending on educational background, experience and qualifications
- Lunch: Provided
- Commuter Bus: Provided once in the morning and once in the afternoon for commuting from Migeum Station where the company house is located to the school.
- Vacation days: 8 weeks per year- 3 weeks vacation in summer, 3 weeks vacation in winter, 1 week in spring break, 1 week each for Chuseok and Lunar holidays (all weekends included), Easter, Thanksgiving day, Labor day, etc.
- Housing: Provided or housing allowance.
MICA International Scholars
At MICA, we want each student to be proud of his or her education and accomplishments. Therefore, we built a modern, student-centered facility that provides a safe environment that allows our students to create and explore. As an international school, we implement a U.S.-based curriculum along with other proven programs that not only make learning fun and exciting but also strengthen reflection and retention. Students are assessed in a variety of ways which are then used together to develop a course for success. Through these assessments, teachers are able to find the potential of our students and help them grow to be global leaders. Our Christian Centered Philosophy is dependent upon parental support to help our students become role models to their peers and reflect their mentors. Our Elementary School (grades 1-6) curriculum is based on the US Common Core States Standards, which is a set of high-quality standards in mathematics and English Language Arts and Literature. For literary instruction, we use Lucy Calkin's "Readers and Writers Workshop" which helps students gain confidence and skills in reading and writing. Middle School (grades 7-8) students develop knowledge and research skills based on their own personal interests through the US Common Core State Standards. Transitioning from elementary to middle school, students are supported by professional educators and staff who tailor the curriculum based on their interests, academic skills, and standardized assessments. High School (grades 9-12) students learning using current teaching methods based on current educational research. We offer a diverse curriculum that allows students to individualize their own courses of studies and meet their objectives, needs, and interests. Morever, we seek to provide students with the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed at top universities worldwide. We're located near Migeum Station, which is just 20 minutes from Gangnam Station. MICA is surrounded by nature and there's a nearby lake. Just a station over from Migeum, you can check out Jeongja Cafe Street and take a walk or go bicycling by a stream.
Company Type: Education Institute
Business Area: International School