[Fayston Preparatory] Full-time Teaching Job in Yongin, Gyeonggi-doCompany Name: Fayston Preparatory
|Job Function||Elementary Secondary|
|Education Level||Bachelor's Degree|
|Specialized Requirements||Minimum Bachelors’ degree in education or specific subject from a recognized institute of Higher Education|
|Starting Date||Oct 28, 2019|
|Deadline||Dec 20, 2019|
|Location||Gyeonggi-do > Yongin-si|
[Fayston Preparatory] Full-time Teaching Job in Yongin, Gyeonggi-do
Position Name: Full-Time Teaching (Secondary)
Starting Date: January 10, 2020 for 2019~2020 school year
- Social Studies
- Science (Biology, Physics)
Supervisor: Vice Principal of respective department
Position Description: Please see ‘Responsibilities’ below
Visa Requirement: F-Visa, Korean nationality, or E-2 visa
- Minimum Bachelors’ degree in education or specific subject from a recognized institute of Higher Education
- Native or near native fluency in English – you MUST be able to professionally facilitate a class in excellent English
- Minimum 1 year of full-time teaching, preferably in a school setting
(not a private academy – hagwon, or 1:1 tutoring)
- Teacher certification; Master’s or higher degrees in education or subject-related areas
- Competitive to the current Korean market conditions (Full disclosure after completing 2nd round of interviews)
- Housing allowance
- 4 national insurances from first day on the job
- 8 weeks paid vacation
- Severance pay is one-month salary upon successful completion of 1-year contract
- Communicate, teach, and deliver content fluently and effectively in English (oral and written)
- High-level organizational and planning skills, including document creation, effective management of electronic and paper files
- Detail oriented with ability to manage a variety of classroom behavior and issues that may arise in a homeroom setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills, be approachable and empathetic, open to giving and receiving feedback, and open to discussions during conflict management
- Proven ability to work effectively with people from all cultures, religions, and backgrounds
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Facilitation and teaching of subjects
- Curriculum development/curriculum customization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and database management
Responsibilities: (including but not limited to)
- Support the School’s Guiding Principles
- Teach American curriculum to students in English
- Communicate with faculty, students, and parents in a professional manner, providing accurate information about the School, classroom behavior, academic performance, and possible areas for improvement during official Parent Teacher conferences, and informal communication with parents
- Plan a thoughtful curriculum that is creative, not didactic, and informed by student centered methodology
- Develop and maintain student academic files, tests, curriculum
- Contribute thoughtful and relevant feedback on the School’s programs and curriculum
- Facilitate individual Parent Teacher Conference meetings, and ongoing class social media postings (Class Dojo, Kakao)
- Liaise effectively with other departments and teachers within the School
- Support the team as needed
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality
APPLYING TO FAYSTON:
- Email: CV/Resume, cover letter/personal statement with Educational Philosophy to: email@example.com
- SUBJECT SPECIALTY (Preferred or where you will be most relevant)
Note: Due to the amount of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted
INTERVIEWING with FAYSTON:
(2-week process, after initial document screening)
1st Interview = Phone, Skype, or In-Person screening
2nd Interview = 20 min. teaching demonstration; interview/Q&A with panel of teachers and hiring committee
3rd Interview = Final screening by principal, offer & contracting on site, chance to discuss experience and salary specifics with FAYSTON pay scale document
ADDRESS: 395 Dongcheon-ro, Suji-gu, Yongin City, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea
PHONE: 031-263-2659 (Extension: 3)
Fayston Christian Elementary School
Open Position: Homeroom teacher (Grade 2 or 3)
Teaching all areas of the primary curriculum.
Taking responsibility for the progress of a class of primary-age students.
Organizing the classroom and learning resources and creating displays to encourage a positive learning environment.
Planning, preparing and presenting differentiated lessons that cater the needs of the whole ability range within their class.
Motivating students with enthusiastic, imaginative class activities.
Preparing, marking and providing feedback to facilitate positive student development.
Meeting requirements for the assessment. Records, evaluates and reports student’s development.
Providing feedback to parents on student's progress.
Working collaboratively with others to plan and coordinate work.
Organizing and taking part for school events, outings and activities.
Undertake special assignments, ad-hoc functions and related duties as and when required.
Possess a Bachelor Degree.
At least 3 year(s) of relevant teaching experience.
Exposure in international curriculum or have experience to study abroad.
Fluency in both spoken and written English.
Good presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
Under 20 class hour per week
Class Size: Under 16 Students
Working Hour: 8PM to 5PM (Monday to Friday)
8 weeks paid vacation per year
Yearly Payment: 회사내규
Teachers shuttle is provided to the stations nearby
If necessary, we can provide housing support per month.
Working Start Day: Second week of the January
First Round: Phone Interview
: Academic Director will give you a call and check your working experience and English fluency
Second Round: Interview with Vice Principal, Academic Director and one of current homeroom teacher
: Academic Director will give you teaching materials for mock-teaching
: Duration of the mock-teaching – 20-30 min.
: During the mock-teaching you can prepare audiovisual material
: We will notify you whether we have third interview or not within a week
Third Round: Interview with Principal
: Set the condition of your contract (including the year payment)
School Web Site Address: www.fayston.org
School Address: 경기도 용인시 수지구 동천로 395
How to apply your resume: Through Email
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone 1: 031-263-2659
Fayston Preparatory School Fayston is a Christ-centered college preparatory school that is established to provide liberal arts education to young men and women who want to learn to be equipped as mature Christians to serve the church and benefit society in all nations.
Company Type: Education Institute