Historic Site No. 339, Gyeonggijeon Shrine was erected in 1410 and holds the portrait of King Tae-jo, the founder of the Joseon Dynasty. The King and his wife’s mortuary tablets are enshrined here at Jogyeong Shrine.
The structure was partially destroyed during the Imjin War (1592-1598), and the existing structure was remodeled in 1614. Inside Gyeonggijeon, the portraits of King Tae-jo and other successive kings such as Sun-jong, Cheol-jong, Yeong-jo and many others can be found on display. The carriage used to move the mortuary tablets as well as carriages used to transport dignitaries and individual chair-like carriages are also on display.
|Company Name||Gyeonggijeon Shrine (경기전)|
|Category||Family & Living Outdoors & Adventure Tour & Sightseeing|
|Opening Hours||09:00-18:00 |
*Eeojin Museum closed on Mondays.
* Free admission on New Year's Day, Day of Seollal (Lunar New Year's Day) & Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving Day), Independence Movement Day (March 1), & Liberation Day (August 15)
|Closed Days||N/A (Open all year round)|
|Admission Fees||Individuals: Adults 3,000 won / Teenagers 2,000 won / Children 1,000 won|
Groups: Adults 2,500 won / Teenagers 1,500 won / Children 500 won
* Group applies to 20 people or more
44 Taejo-ro, Pungnamdong 3(sam)-ga, Wansan-gu, Jeonju, Jeollabuk-do, South Korea 44