Built upon an old disused rail line, Gangchon Rail Bike is a wonderful journey through the beautiful natural scenery of Gangwon province. After being featured in the popular Korean film “The Letter” (1997), the rail bike trail has become a beloved date spot for many couples. Bike along the tracks with your loved one through beautiful tree tunnels, past roving mountains and hills, and over calm rivers and streams.
The course includes some incredible scenery and takes about an hour and a half, with rail bikes on the Gimyujeong Station Course leaving almost every hour, from 09:00 to 17:30. The first part of the course is a 50-minute ride on the rail bike for about 6 kilometers. While it may sound difficult, the bikes are electric-powered so you only need to lightly pedal. After this relaxing ride, there’s a short 20-minute break where you can stock up on snacks and beverages before hopping on the ‘Romantic Train’, a slow-moving open top tourist train that allows you to comfortably take in the surrounding scenery.
After completing the course, a shuttle bus will take you back to the original station, where you can hop on a train back to Seoul. It’s a wonderful opportunity to comfortably explore the beauty of Korea’s countryside without venturing too far outside of Seoul.
2. Disembark from the railbike and take a short break at the rest stop. Have a quick snack and take pictures of the gorgeous surrounding river valley before hopping on the train.
3. Hop on the 'Romantic Train' for an easy, soothing ride along the Bukhan River, taking in the illustrious sight of the surrounding mountains.
4. Make your way to the Gangchon Railbike Station parking lot and hop on the shuttle bus back to Gimyujeong Station.
|2-person Railbike||4-person Railbike|
|₩ 30,000||₩ 40,000|
|Session||Depart Gimyujeong Station||Arrive at Rest Area||Arrive at Gangchon Station|
|09:00 am||09:50 am||10:40 am|
|2||10:00 am||10:50 am||11:40 am|
|3||11:00 am||11:50 am||12:40 pm|
|4||12:00 pm||12:50 am||1:40 pm|
|5||1:30 pm||2:20 pm||3:10 pm|
|6||2:30 pm||3:20 pm||4:10 pm|
|7||3:30 pm||4:20 pm||5:10 pm|
|8||4:30 pm||5:20 pm||6:10 pm|
|9||5:30 pm||6:20 pm||7:10 pm|
Plan Your Trip
Find More About Event
|Company Name||Gangchon Railbike (강촌 레일파크)|
|Category||Sports, Lesure & Hobbies Tour & Sightseeing Outdoors & Adventure|
|Opening Hours||08:30 - 18:00|
Gapyeong → Gyeonggang → Gapyeong
09:00 → 09:40 → 10:20
10:30 → 11:10 → 11:50
12:00 → 12:40 → 1:20
2:00 → 2:40 → 3:20
3:30 → 4:10 → 4:50
1383 Gimyujeong-ro, Sindong-myeon, Chuncheon, Gangwon-do, South Korea Gangchon Rail Bike
2. The Gangchon Rail Bike Entrance will be on your right. There should be banners stating the entrance.
- Present your mobile voucher to the rail bike staff to exchange for the ride ticket.
- Make sure to arrive at least 20 minutes before your scheduled ride time.