DMZ 1st Tunnel Combined Tour
DMZ 1st Tunnel Combined Tour
- Round-trip bus service from Seoul
- Entrance to the 1st infiltration tunnel, Gyeongsun Royal Tomb, Baekhak-myeon border
- English-speaking tour guide
- Q&A with North Korean defectors
- Access to the JSA or Tongil Bridge
- Personal expenses
- Traveler's insurance
Must book at least 4 days in advance
Why This Offer
- Get an alternative look at the world’s most militarized border through the eyes of the those who live right next to it
- Get a unique insight into the division of the Korean Peninsula and life in North Korea from a North Korean defector
- Tour the border with a local guide with intimate knowledge of the DMZ and go down into the 1st Infiltration Tunnel
- Visit the tomb of the last King of Silla, Gyeongsun
What to Expect
Get a quick, in-depth look at the division of the Korean Peninsula through this package that includes a tour of the following sites along the DMZ: 1st Infiltration Tunnel, Baekhak Township with a North Korean defector, and the Gyeongsun Royal Tomb
Line 5: Gwanghwamun Station Depart at 8:30 amSeoul-si > Jung-gu Jongno 1(il).2(i).3(sam).4(sa), Jongno-gu, 서울특별시 South Korea Gwanghwamun
You will first need to meet our staff at the Koreana Hotel located in the city hall. You can get to Koreana Hotel by taking the Seoul Subway.
Koreana Hotel By 8:20 amSeoul-si > Jongno-gu Myeong-dong, Seoul, South Korea Koreana Hotel
For Lunch, you will have a Bulgogi meal (Vegetarians can enjoy a Bibimbap meal)
Tour of Baekhak Township12:30 pm
After lunch, a local resident will guide you around the township, located directly next to the DMZ, discussing life living next to North Korea and the most militarized zone on the planet. Depending on the season, you may participate in ginseng picking for a small fee.
1st Infiltration Tunnel2:00 pm
This tunnel was discovered in 1970. The discovery of this tunnel was met by automatic weapons fire by North Korean soldiers constructing it and a search of the tunnel led to the deaths of one American soldier and a South Korean marine from an explosive device planted by the North Koreans.
Gyeongsun Royal Tomb3:30 pm
Depart for Seoul4:30 pm
Arrive in Seoul (Drop off at Koreana Hotel)5:30 pm
Complete the payment and you will receive an instant confirmation email and receipt.
The voucher will be delivered to you once the reservation is confirmed.
If you haven't received your confirmation email/receipt, please check your spam folder, or check your "My Page" in the WorknPlay homepage.
Please send a scanned copy of your passport with the booking number on the voucher to email@example.com after receiving the voucher.
Your booking will be cancelled if you fail to send us the copy of your passport along with the booking number on the voucher.
How To Use
- Print out or show the voucher on your mobile device at your departure point.
- Please arrive at least 10 mins before the scheduled departure time.
- Voucher Validity: Only on the chosen date and time.
- Your passport will be needed to confirm your identity at the military check points
- For Korean nationals, your ID with your citizen registration number will be required.
- Your admission will be denied if you fail to bring your passport (foreigners) or ID (Korean citizens), in that case, no refunds will be given.
- Adult and child prices are the same.
- Please dress modestly. Refrain from wearing mini-skirts, open-shoulders, sandals or slippers.
- Do not attempt to communicate or make gestures toward outside military officials.
- As locations such as the DMZ are managed by the Republic of Korea Army and UN Officials, itineraries and trip schedules are subject to change.
- Follow the staff's instructions and meet back at the designated time. The bus leaves strictly on time and will not wait for late-comers.
- 100% refund: For cancelations made at least 3 days before the reserved tour time (Based on local time).
- If the minimum number of people is not met for the trip (minimum of 15 people), then full refunds will be provided.
- Tour operates per normal even if it rains or snows.
- Free date change or cancellation permitted only in case of government-issued warning for natural disaster.
- No refund: For cancelations or changes made less than 3 days before the reserved tour time.
- No refunds for latecomers and no-shows.