BALL HOCKEY MANIACS, LEND ME YOUR EARS...
Canada Ball Hockey Korea (CBHK) is once again recruiting a few good men and women for our 23rd season of play, which will begin this September. Old and new players alike are welcome to start registering at www.cbhk.co now.
Every season we hope to have 10 teams and 120 players registered. However, this doesn’t always happen, so in order to make it fair for everyone we will be using the following cut off numbers (72, 77, 84, 88, 96, 99 and 108) from the start of registration.
If, after you register and make your payment, you fall between these numbers you will be placed on to the waiting list until the next cut off number is reached. If you really want to play this season please register immediately to guarantee your spot so this doesn’t happen to you!!
All games are to be played on Sundays from 10:00AM to 8:00PM (10 teams), 11:00AM to 7:00PM (8 teams), 11:00AM to 5:00PM (6 teams) with two teams scheduled into one of the two hour blocks except for those with an * next to the date.
Take note of the special changes this season.
A: Each team will have ONE regular season game on a Saturday this season either on October 5th or October 12th. Please read the details below.
B: There will not be any make-up weekends this season. If any games are cancelled in weeks 9 to 12 they will be removed from the schedule.
August 25th – 1st Rookie Day / Mini Tournament
*August 31st – 2nd Rookie Day (if necessary) / Draft
September 1st – Week 1
September 8th – Week 2
September 15th – No Games (Chuseok long weekend)
September 22nd – Week 3
September 29th - Week 4
*October 5th - Week 5: Games will either be from 3:00PM to 5:00PM or 5:00PM to 7:00PM (will be done randomly), followed by a team party at your sponsor’s bar, with Sunday October 6th being an off day for your teams.
October 6th – Week 5: Game times will be from 1:00PM to 3:00PM or 3:00PM to 5:00PM and be done randomly.
*October 12th – Week 6: Games will either be from 3:00PM to 5:00PM or 5:00PM to 7:00PM (will be done randomly), followed by a team party at your sponsor’s bar, with Sunday October 13th being an off day for your teams.
October 13th – Week 6: Game times will be from 1:00PM to 3:00PM or 3:00PM to 5:00PM and be done randomly.
October 20th – Week 7
October 27th – Week 8
November 3rd – Week 9
November 10th – Week 10
November 17th – Week 11
November 24th – Week 12
*November 30th - Playoff Preliminaries, only if there are 9 or 10 teams.
December 1st – Quarter-Finals
December 8th – Semi-Finals
*December 14th – Finals, followed by the league banquet and awards ceremony. END OF SEASON
LOCATION OF THE RINK: Sports Complex, Seoul. It is central and very convenient to get to.
DIRECTIONS TO THE RINK: A map with full directions to the rink is provided on the main page of our website.
LOCATION OF HOCKEY/OTHER SUPPLIES SHOPS: They can be found on our website under the Forum section.
CLOTHING NEEDED: Team Shirt (provided) and then whatever other exercise gear you feel comfortable in and running shoes (We highly recommend a good pair of tennis or basketball shoes). Nothing more. We RUN.
GEAR NEEDED: You will need at least a hockey stick. Other gear is up to you. We strongly recommend that you invest in hockey gloves (available cheaply from the league), shin guards and protective eyewear. There are league sticks that you can use, if you are coming out for the first time.
TEAMS, SPONSORS AND CAPTAINS: Names of teams, sponsors and captains vary from season to season. Please refer to our website.
REGISTRATION FACTS: (What You Get)
1. Eligibility for the Fall, 2019 Entry Draft which will take place on August 31st, 2019 at one of our sponsors bars. Each player will be drafted on to a team and be provided beer at the draft party.
2. Team Shirt and a Mouth Guard ( Ask us for one if you want it ).
3. Four months (up to 15 weeks) of ball hockey INSANITY from September to December.
4. Weekly stats of all players (Goals, Assists & Points) and goalies (GAA, Wins, SO etc.) displayed on our website.
5. Use of a communal stick when you first come out, full goalie equipment (if you are a goalie) and world class rink facilities (boards/ official size nets/faceoff circles located on the site of the 1988 Olympic Games).
6. Discounted prices and specials from our league sponsors. Please refer to the website for updates on this year's sponsors.
7. Bragging rights, if you outperform your mates.
8. A forum to build solid relationships, friendships and networking via league members and our website.
9. Being part of one of the largest expat groups in all of Korea.
10. Being part of the largest Ball Hockey Organization in all of Asia and a member of the International Street & Ball Hockey Federation (ISBHF).
11. The chance to win the CBHK CUP!!!
12. A night out with your fellow rookies, a pub crawl, team events and other league outings will take place at various times throughout the season.
13. The League Banquet (Awards Ceremony, Buffet Dinner, Beer and Hard Liquor) will be held on Saturday, December 14th, following the Championship Games.
14. 150,000 won (160,000 won, if you are paying after 11:59PM on August 15th, 2019) worth of dead weight removed from your wallet and invested into something that will DRASTICALLY improve your quality of life in Korea, socially, emotionally and physically. All league payments must be received by 11:59PM on August 30th, 2019 (NO EXCEPTIONS).
Payments can be made to:
Name: Cory Robert Pettit
Shinhan Bank ( 신한은행) Account #: 110-361-331157
PETTIT CORY ROBERT
Once you have sent your fee please let him know so he can confirm receiving your payment. He can be reached at 010 6687 8144, via kakao: coryp or by email at email@example.com. Please provide your full name and payment details.
If you are new to the CBHK you MUST register on our website and attend a rookie day or pick up session prior to the draft or you will not be permitted to play this season.
For further information please refer to our website, facebook page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don’t find what you are looking for contact Cory directly at the number provided above.
Once that is done your world just got a whole lot better.
Don't miss out on this opportunity and be ready to play some ball hockey this fall. We guarantee that it will be one of the best things, if not the best thing, that you will ever do during your stay in Korea.
Check out the publicity we have received locally and internationally, which includes player testimonials regarding the league and what we are all about.
1. Hockey For Expats Goes Beyond The Ice
2. Big Rock Teams
3. Sticks Clash In Seoul Season Finale
4. Hockey Holds Preseason Draft
5. Ball Hockey Season Set to Commence
6. Hockey Season Starts Sunday
7. New Ball Hockey Season Starts
8. Hockey League Oasis in Korea Is Platform for All
9. Hockey League Hits Its Stride
10. Where Canadians Go, So To Does Hockey
11. Still Got Game - Age Doesn't Stop Player From Giving His All In Hockey (written by league member Jon Rabiroff)
12. Canada Ball Hockey League Set To Start Fall Season
13. Ball hockey Cup Brings Korean, Hong Kong Expatriates Together
14. Canada hockey league gets ball rolling for spring season
15. Canadian Stories - Embassy of Canada Newsletter
16. Hockey Community Grows in Seoul
17. Ball Hockey In Korea Gears Up For Season 10
18. Hockey Day Spreads Love of Sport to Kids
19. Korean Team Wins Asia Ball Hockey Tourney
We have also been featured in the following printed and online publications:
1. Eloquence Magazine
2. Groove Magazine (in print and online)
https://issuu.com/groove_korea/docs/january_2014 (pages 88-89)
3. 10 Magazine: www.10mag.com
4. Seoulist: www. seoulistmag.com (http://seoulistmag.com/a_hockey_league_of_their_own/)
5. KBS Radio
6. TBS Radio
7. FM Radio
VIDEOS and PHOTOS: (Numerous clips/videos and photos of league members and league games can be found online)
1. www.youtube.com Type "CBHK " into the search box. You will find clips of league games, promotions and events by a number of current and past league members, as well as interviews by Rajnesh Sharma.
2. www.facebook.com – CBHK – Canada Ball Hockey Korea (photos and videos)
AWESOME AWESOME POWER!!!!
SHARE WITH FRIENDS
I help organize this league. If you need any information about feel free to contact me.