-- Vegetarian Cuisine in Korea (Part 2)--
By Korea Tourism Organization
In Part 2, we will be notifying you of key vegetarian restaurants across Seoul, Korea. They are all reasonably priced, and foreigner-friendly.
- Plant serves meals and desserts that are made without using any eggs, milk, and butter. It was a cafe, but now it is also serving vegetarian dishes and meals. It is not only popular among vegetarians, but also recommended among international tourists in general. There are two store locations, both which are located in Itaewon Station (Line 6)
- Address: 2F, 117, Bogwang-ro, Yongsan-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 용산구 보광로 117)
- Directions: Itaewon Station (Seoul Subway Line 6), Exit 4. Walk approx. 5 min.
- Operating hours: Monday-Saturday 11:00—22:00 / Friday-Saturday 11:00-22:00 / Closed Sundays
- Inquiries: +82-2-749-1981 (Korean, English)
- Website: www.plantcafeseoul.com (Korean only)
2. Around Green
- Around Green is the hottest vegan restaurant in Mangwon-dong. The restaurant menus fit for vegetarians such as sandwich, tofu topping rice, and curry. The most popular menu is the black bean steak, made from substitute meat using organic black beans, topped with vegan demi-glace sauce.
- Address: 47, Poeun-ro 5-gil, Mapo-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 마포구 포은로5길 47)
- Directions: Mangwon Station (Seoul Subway Line6), Exit 2. Walk for approx. 15 min.
- Operating hours: Monday-Saturday 12:00-21:00 (Break time 15:00-17:00) / Closed Sundays
- Inquiries: +82-2-6080-9797 (Korean, English)
- Instagram: @around_green (Korean only)
- Slunch is a vegetarian friendly café and a restaurant. Their menu provides ingredient information along with vegetarian classification, allowing any vegetarian to choose the menu conveniently according to their dietary preference.
- Address: 38, Wausan-ro 3-gil, Mapo-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 마포구 와우산로3길 38)
- Directions: Sangsu Station (Seoul Subway Line 6), Exit 3. Walk for approx. 10 min.
- Operating hours: 11:00-01:00
- Inquiries: +82-2-6367-9870 (Korean, English, Japanese)
- Website: www.slunch.co.kr (Korean only)
- Owned by vegetable grocery store Veggie Food, Osegyehyang has been serving vegetarian food for over 10 years at Insa-dong. The greatest draw of this restaurant is the diverse variety of menus.
- Directions: Anguk Station (Seoul Subway Line 3), Exit 6. Walk for approx. 5 min.
- Operating hours: 11:30-21:00 (Break time: Weekdays 15:30-17:00 / Weekends 16:00-17:00)
- Inquiries: +82-2-735-7171 (Korean, English, Chinese)
- Website: www.go5.co.kr (Korean)
5. Loving Hut Cafe
- Loving Hut Cafe is aprt of the international vegetarian chain restaurant Loving Hut. From meals, to desserts, the cafe offers a wide variety of menu that is 100% vegan. A total of 15 cafes are spread throughout Korea, namely in Seoul, Gyeonggi-do, Daejeon and Jeonju. You can find more information on each branch locations at the official website.
- Address (main branch): 35, Gaepo-ro 22-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul (서울특별시 강남구 개포로22길 35)
- Directions: Yangje Station (Seoul Subway Line 3, Shinbundang Line), Exit 5. Take Bus Gangnam 02 and get off at Kookmin Bank Green Park Bus Stop. Walk for approx. 5 min.
- Operating hours: 11:00-21:00
- Inquiries: +82-2-576-2158 (Korean, English)
- Website: www.lovinghut.kr (Korean, English)
You can check out our site for additional details and information.
SHARE WITH FRIENDS
Korea Tourism Organization - Visit Korea
Visit Korea - Korea Tourism Organization
Korea Tourism Organization is dedicated to spreading the unique heritage of Korea worldwide. We constantly publish new articles, photos and other helpful information to get you traveling to the Land of the Morning Calm. Keep an eye out for our blog, and SNS for promotions, events and news! Our Homepage: http://english.visitkorea.or.kr/enu/index.jsp