ahoo mail is widely known as a webmail service provider that facilitates its users in sending and receiving emails accessing through their account. Although the Yahoo mail is one of the best among its users worldwide, it not away from getting several issues associated with it. There are several issues its users face – such as methods to change Yahoo password, Yahoo not receiving emails, etc. So, let us discuss some of the issues that users face frequently.
Steps to Fix Yahoo Not Receiving Emails
One of the common issues that Yahoo mail encounters is that sometimes its users are not able to receive emails from the other users. To fix this sort of issue, follow the steps down below.
- Step 1: First, make sure that you have an active internet connection as many times a slow connection may prevent receiving emails.
- Step 2: Make sure that the sender has entered the correct email address of yours in the address field by contacting them directly in order to get your important emails from them.
- Step 3: This kind of issue of not receiving emails Yahoo! may occur when your account is out of memory space that is determined by Yahoo for its users.
- Step 4: Check your spam and trash folder where, many times, most of the emails go to these folders without providing any prior notifications.
- Step 5: Update your server settings for the outgoing mail server.
Why Am I Not Getting Yahoo Emails?
Most of the Yahoo mail users are complaining on various forums with a common query – that, why am I not getting my Yahoo emails when opening up the account. Although Yahoo is one of the best web-based mail service providers, yet most of its users are facing several issues associated with their Yahoo mail account. If this is the case, you must follow the steps down below.
- Unable to Connect Server Address
If you are unable to receive emails on Yahoo using any third-party application, the issue can be related to the email server.
- Check Authentication Type
Authentication protocols enable an application to communicate with the server for incoming server authentication type – SSL, whereas for an outgoing server, it is TLS.
- Check Your Filter Settings
Most of the time, Yahoo users create an email filter by mistake. That could be the reason why emails are forwarded to trash or spam folder. So, check out the account filter settings and make sure your emails are not moving to any other folders.
How to Troubleshoot Yahoo Mail Not Receiving Emails?
Yahoo mail has been regarded as one of the free webmail service providers that enable its users to share messages with the other users. It also has a feature called Yahoo Messenger, which alters its users if they have received any emails.
Effective Methods: Fix Yahoo Mail not receiving Emails on Desktop
However, some of its users are not able to receive emails into their accounts though it is one of the easiest tasks to fix. If you are having such an issue, follow the methods below.
- Check Your Email Filters
In case, if your mail account is not able to get any new emails into your inbox, you may try checking other trash and spam folders. If you find emails in such folders, that means there is an issue on your filter settings. In order to do change the settings of your email filter,
- Go to your Yahoo mail account.
- Hit the Settings icon and choose More settings.
- Prefer to choose the filters tab.
- If you find any filters available, click on it and choose the Delete option. Once you remove the email filters, you will start receiving emails into your mail inbox.
- Confirm Your Email Address
Make sure, you must have confirmed your email address with the sender from whom you are expecting emails into your inbox. If this is not the case, you may follow the next step down below.
- Clear Your Browser’s Cache and Cookies
If you find your browser is the issue, you must eliminate your cache and cookies. As most of the time browser’s cache and cookies may prevent the server connection in order to get any further emails. If you are using your favorite chrome browser, you must follow the steps down below.
- First, from your system, open your Chrome browser.
- Hit on the three vertically aligned dotted icon.
- Choose the More tools option in the drop-down menu.
- Choose Clear browsing data…
- Check Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files to clear all sorts of cache and cookies.
- Hit on the Clear data option and close your browser.
- Next, re-launch your browser again and try checking if your Yahoo account starts receiving emails into your mail account.
In this way, you will be able to start receiving emails from other users.
SHARE WITH FRIENDS
PC Matic Customer Service Number
Do you have PC Matic security software in your system? Are facing some troubles while dealing with this software application? Issues with PC Matic antivirus software are very common and taking help from PC Matic Tech Support to overcome such issues is the most recommended way. Most of the common PC Matic issues faced by users are listed below: