The E-5 type Visa is for those with a profession that is officially acknowledge by the Korean Law, such as pilots or doctors.
See below to see the full details, referenced from "Visa Instruction Guide" by the Ministry of Justice, Korean Immigration Service.
Activities Allowed: Any professional activities that are allowed by the Korean law
You are allowed to apply if you have a license which the Korean Laws acknowledges and allows you to practice. For example,
- You are a pilot recommended by the Minister of Land, Infrastructure and Transport.
- You are a doctor recommended by the Minister of Health and Welfare, who also has updated knowledge in the latest medical technology and medical break-through and who wants to work at the following organizations.
Government funded or local government funded Hospitals
Non-profit or government-invested medical facility
- You are an intern or a resident doctor working at a university-affiliated hospital or a hospital that is designated by the Minister of Health and Welfare, after graduating from a medical or dental school in Korea
- You are an indispensable professional consultant for tourist ship sailing for the Kumgang Mountain Tourism Development Project, who is also approved by regulations on cooperation between North-South Korea collaborative business
Maximum Length of Stay: You are allowed to stay for up to 5 years.
e-Visa policy is a policy which issues an online visa to those who do not need to visit a Korean embassy/consulate general for a consul interview to obtain a visa, such as professors and researchers. The policy is geared towards attracting foreign talents, providing them with a simple visa procedure.
1. Eligible Applicants
E-1, E-3, E-4 and E-5 visa holders
- If you have any of the visas mentioned above, you are eligible to apply for both a ‘visa issued at the discretion of the Chief of Mission’ and a ‘confirmation of visa issuance'. All applicants for the above visas are requested to submit same required documents.
※ Spouse and underage child(ren) of E-1, E-3, E-4 and E-5 visa holders, who are applying with their primary visa applicant, are eligible to apply for e-visas.
2. Issuing Authority: Minister of Justice
3. Who Can Apply?
Inviter (applying on behalf of a visa applicant: foreigner)
☞ Please see "E-1 Professorship e-Visa" for application methods, fee payment and e-visa issuance confirmation print-out
Visas Issued at the Discretion of the Head of Diplomatic Mission
1. A single entry visa valid for one year or less will be issued to a pilot who is going to work for Korean airlines
2. A single entry visa valid for one year or less will be issued to a person who would like to work for a Korean transportation company as a captain or an indispensable professional consultant
* An indispensable professional consultant, here, refers to the captain, engineer, navigator and others on the Mt. Geumgang tourist ship or passenger ship
1. Application for the visa issuance (formno. 17), passport, one standard size photograph, fee
2. Degree and a copy of license (driver's license)
3. A recommendation letter from the head of a responsible government department (However, if you want to get a job in a special economic zone, then you need documents demonstrating the necessity of employment or employment recommendation letters from the mayor or the provincial governor) or relevant documents proving the necessity of the employment
4. Employment Contract
※ The head of the diplomatic mission may request/omit additional documents if it is deemed necessary to examine the purpose of entry, genuineness of the invitation and the qualifications of the inviter and the invitee
Eligibility for the Visa Issuance Confirmation
1. Except the cases which visas can be issued at the discretion of the head of the diplomatic mission, all applicants will receive E-5 visas in accordance with the visa issuance confirmations.
1. An application form for confirmation of visa issuance (form no.21), passport, one standard size photograph
2. The reason for invitation
3. Degree and a copy of a license
4. A recommendation letter from the head of a respective government deparment or a document proving the necessity of the employment
- However, if you are planning to get a job a special economic zone, then you will need a recommendation letter or a document proving the necessity of your employment from the mayor or the provincial governor in your respective region.
5. Employment Contract
※ The head of an immigration (branch) office may request/omit additional documents if it is deemed necessary to examine genuineness of the invitation and the qualifications of the inviter and the invitee
SHARE WITH FRIENDS
Welcome to my Blog
Hello, and welcome to my blog! My aim is to provide new tourists and expats information and daily tips about living in Korea. These tips will be ranging from visa, some history and overview, food, popular attractions, and general information about Korea.