If you are facing QuickBooks error 6144 84 while opening the company file, it indicates there is something wrong with the file set up. The error also occurs due to damage or corruption in the company file. The good thing is that you can resolve the error by renaming the .ND and .TLG files. In this blog, we will discuss about QuickBooks error 6144 82, its causes and solutions, so read carefully till the end.
If you need guidance to resolve QuickBooks error 6144 82, then dial our toll-free number (+1 800-579-9430) and speak to the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
Primary reasons behind QuickBooks error 6144 82
The error comes up due to the following reasons:
- QuickBooks installations files are damaged or corrupted.
- The company file name is too long.
- Your network is not set up correctly.
Now, proceed to the solutions given below and choose the most appropriate according to your situation.
Methods to Rectify QuickBooks error 6144 82
The following troubleshooting methods will help you resolve the error:
Method 1. Try to rename .ND and .TLG files
Renaming these files won’t affect the data as they are automatically recreated by QuickBooks Database Server Manager when we open the company file:
- Open the folder containing the company file.
- Search for the files with .ND and .TLG extensions.
- Then, right-click each file and choose Rename.
- Add .OLD at the end of the file name.
- Open QuickBooks.
If the error continues, proceed to the next solution.
You may also read QuickBooks Error H202
Method 2. Use Quick Fix my Program
The tool will shut down all background processes that QuickBooks uses. Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub and then run the tool. The following steps will help you do so:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Get the latest update of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- From downloads, open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Follow the step-wise instructions to install the tool hub.
- You need to agree to the terms and conditions to proceed.
- After the install completes, the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on the desktop.
- Open the tool hub and choose the Program Problems tab.
- Click Quick Fix my Program.
- Wait till the tool completes.
This blog has covered basic troubleshooting steps to resolve QuickBooks error 6144 82. We hope you find it effective and informative. If the methods given above didn’t work for you, contact the QuickBooks technical support team by calling us on our helpline number (+1 800-579-9430). They will assist you with advanced troubleshooting for the same.
SHARE WITH FRIENDS
Data recovery engineer
Hi, I am David Buttler, a professional Data recovery Engineer, working with Quickbooks Data service as a consultant from the past three years in the USA. I am a specialized and trained Cloud consultant who helps a small and medium-sized entrepreneur to track & manage their company file and a database online at any time from anywhere. Contact me at 1.800.579.9430 for QuickBooks Cloud Hosting support and troubleshooting.