QuickBooks is the highest rated accounting software for small and mid-sized businesses. But, despite having the most advanced quality of tools, there are situations where the program incur backend issues like the QuickBooks Error 15241. This error comes up when the File Copy Service (FCS) for QuickBooks is disabled on the device. It displays the warning text “The payroll updates did not complete successfully”, which means that it comes up while downloading or installing the QuickBooks Payroll Update. We have discussed the factors that provoke this glitch and also the ways to tackle it.
If you require real-time solutions to solve your issues, we recommend you get in touch with our team of specialists at 1.800.579.0391 to receive prompt and guaranteed fixes.
Why did you end up having QuickBooks Error 15241?
- A disabled or damaged File Copy Service.
- Presence of virus or malware in the system.
- Incomplete installation of QuickBooks updates.
- Essential QuickBooks files have been deleted.
- Misconfiguration in the system settings.
Read Also :- QuickBooks Error 3371
What are the Ways to Rectify QuickBooks Error 15241?
The QuickBooks Error 15241 arises due to an incorrect FCS or incorrect configuration in the system. Below we have mentioned solutions that are appropriate to these situations-
Troubleshooting Technique 1 - Enable the QuickBooks File Copy Service (FCS)
- Exit the QuickBooks Desktop window.
- Press the Windows button.
- Hover over the Computer tab.
- Click right on the tab.
- Choose to Manage.
- Select the Services and Applications button.
- Click twice on the Services tab.
- Next, double-click on the Intuit QuickBooks FCS option.
- Move to the General tab.
- Tap on Startup Type.
- Choose Manual.
- Hit the Apply button.
- Press on Start.
- Finally, click on OK.
- You can update your QuickBooks Desktop and Payroll Tax Tables.
Troubleshooting Technique 2- Launch the Reboot.bat file
- Terminate all QuickBooks files and folders.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks icon on your desktop.
- Right-click on the icon.
- Select the Properties option.
- Click on Open File Location.
- In the following window, locate the Reboot.bat file and click twice on it.
- Allow the program to run on your computer.
- It will also re-register your QuickBooks files.
- After the process is complete, restart your computer.
Troubleshooting Technique 3- Restore the Payroll Connection
- Open QuickBooks on your desktop.
- Tap on the Employees tab.
- From the drop-down menu, select My Payroll Service Key.
- Further, you need to choose Activate Service Key.
- In the following Service Keys window, select your current Payroll.
- Click on Edit.
- Press the Next button until you see the Finish button.
- This process will re-validate the Payroll Service Key.
- Open QuickBooks Payroll to check if the issue has been resolved.
We now come to the end of QuickBooks Error 15241, and now we know the reasons and solutions for the error. If you feel uncomfortable carrying out the instructions mentioned above, you can have a one-to-one session with our certified pro-advisors. Get in touch with the team at 1.800.579.0391.
SHARE WITH FRIENDS
Quick Fixes for the QuickBooks Error 15101
However, even in such a perfect automate software, problems like QuickBooks error 15101 can create havoc in a user’s hectic schedule.