QuickBooks users encounter backend issues in the application daily. Today, we will discuss one such error that is, “QuickBooks Error 80070057: The Parameter is Incorrect.” A typical scenario where this glitch arises is when the user tries to access their company file. If they face this issue, they likely have insufficient permissions to operate on QuickBooks. In this blog, we will focus on understanding the root causes of Error 80070057 and how to end it.
If you are tired of this error interrupting your business operations, get in touch with a pro-advisor right now to resolve this right away. Call 1.800.579.0391.
Factors Provoking the QuickBooks Error 80070057
- Changes are made in the extension of the company file.
- Third-party firewall or anti-virus is blocking QuickBooks.
- Corrupted installation of the QuickBooks updates.
- Accessing the company file from a remote location rather than accessing it from the QuickBooks application.
- Opening the portable file without QuickBooks running in the background.
Read Also :- QuickBooks Error 6073
Techniques to Remove QuickBooks Error 80070057
Method 1- Rename the Company file
- Create a new folder on your desktop.
- Move to the folder where QuickBooks files are stored.
- Right-click on the contents of the folder.
- Select Copy.
- Move to the new folder and paste the files.
- Now, click right on the new folder.
- Select Rename.
- Modify the file extension to .QBM.
- Hit the Enter button.
- You must restore the portable version of the company file. Open QuickBooks to check if the issue has been resolved.
- If the error persists, you need to rename the file again.
- This time, save the extension as .QBB.
- Open QuickBooks and restore the backup file.
- If the file opens this time, you will need to change the extension.QBX.
Method 2- Reset the BitDefender Settings
- Open BitDefender.
- Select the Main Menu.
- Click on the Anti-virus option.
- Tap on the Custom Level button.
- Choose to Exclude Path from the Scan.
- You can also select the New Item option.
- You must choose the correct mapped drive or path to search for the company file.
- Follow the upcoming wizard to complete the process.
Method 3- Switch the Location of the Company Folder
- Press the Windows icon
- Type File Explorer to search.
- Double-click on File Explorer.
- In the following window, navigate to the QuickBooks folder and open it.
- Locate the company file with the .QBW extension
- Note the driver name and the location of the file.
- Select the file.
- Move the file to C: Drive of your computer.
- Click right and select Paste.
- You have now successfully moved your company files.
There is no doubt that now we are well-versed with the reasons behind QuickBooks Error 80070057 and the resolution methods for the same. For more information, contact our team at 1.800.579.0391 anytime.
SHARE WITH FRIENDS
Quick Fixes for the QuickBooks Error 15101
However, even in such a perfect automate software, problems like QuickBooks error 15101 can create havoc in a user’s hectic schedule.