In pcb manufacturing production, thermal design is a very important part, which will directly affect the quality and performance of the PCB circuit board. The purpose of thermal design is to take appropriate measures and methods to reduce the temperature of the components and the temperature of the PCB board, so that the system can work normally at a suitable temperature. So, what are the methods for thermal design of PCB circuit boards?
1. Heat dissipation through the PCB board itself.
The best way to solve the problem of heat dissipation is to improve the heat dissipation capacity of the PCB itself, which is in direct contact with the heating element, and conduct or radiate through the PCB board.
2. High heat-generating device plus radiator and heat-conducting plate.
When a few devices in the PCB generate less than 3 heat, a heat sink or heat pipe can be added to the heating device to enhance the heat dissipation effect. When the number of heating devices is more than 3, a large heat dissipation cover (plate) can be used to buckle the heat dissipation cover on the component surface as a whole, and contact each component to dissipate heat.
3. Adopting reasonable wiring design to realize heat dissipation, increasing the remaining rate of copper foil and increasing the heat conduction holes are the main means of heat dissipation.
4. When connecting high heat dissipation devices with the substrate, the thermal resistance between them should be reduced as much as possible.
5. In the horizontal direction, high-power devices should be placed as close to the edge of the printed board as possible to shorten the heat transfer path; in the vertical direction, high-power devices should be placed as close to the top of the printed board as possible to reduce the impact of these devices on the temperature of other devices .
6. The heat dissipation of the printed board in the equipment mainly relies on air flow, so the air flow path should be studied during the design, and the components should be reasonably configured.
7. Devices that are more sensitive to temperature are best placed in the lowest temperature area, such as the bottom of the board.
8. The hot spots should be distributed evenly on the PCB board as much as possible to keep the PCB surface temperature performance uniform and consistent.
The above is the method of thermal design of pcb prototype circuit board detailed by professional PCB engineers for you, I hope it will be helpful to you.
SHARE WITH FRIENDS
china pcb manufacturer
POE is one of the word's top pcb board turnkey PCB assembly manufacturer.We are the word leading EMS PCB manufacturer specialize in printed circuit board,PCB assembly,PCB/PCBA prototype in China,and offering turnkey PCB Assembly services including quick turn PCB,component sourcing,cable assembly,comprehensive PCB testing,final pacage,wordwide shipping etc.