- WorknPlay forums allow visitors to ask questions and participate in discussions about living and working in Korea. Free boards give people the chance to share events information, find language exchange partners, buy and sell goods, and learn Korean.
- Latest Korea News
- Keep informed about current events. Share news stories that impact the foreign community in Korea.
- Learn Korean Online & Practice
- Learn, practice and improve your Korean online.
- Studying in Korea
- Discussion group for international students.
Living in Korea
- Keep informed about the latest events and classes in your community.
- Find roommates, lodgings or a place to call home.
- Buy & Sell
- Need something? Want to sell your stuff? Enter our online marketplace.
- General Information
- Share tips and advice on living well in Korea. Ask questions about everything - from sports to transportation tips.
- Make Friends
- Meet new people, find a language exchange partner or share your experiences.
- Confused about something? Need help tracking down a resource?
Working in Korea
- Red Tape (Visas, Taxes, Legal Issues, Etc.)
- Get advice on dealing with the paper work and formalities.
- Job-Related Discussions
- Questions and suggestions about employment matters.
- Our blogs allow novice and expert bloggers to share their understanding and experiences of life in Korea. As each blog is a personal account, readers can find a wealth of different perspectives. With some blogs covering events, and others everyday reflections, they provide a useful bank of information and an enjoyable read.
- Want to be part of our growing community of bloggers?
- If you live in Korea and would like to share your thoughts, contact Emily Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.
- For more information on becoming a WorknPlay blogger, click here.
How it works →
How to post my blogs →
- Do you have something to share with foreign communities in Korea? Do you want foreign people to know about your event? You can post details on the WorknPlay Entertainment page, and it's absolutely free!
To post your events:
- 1. Click POST AN EVENT at the bottom of the Event List (Event List is at the left side of the Entertainment page)
- 2. Select the appropriate category from the list of Event Categories: Nightlife, Travel & Festival, Art & Performance, Food & Drink, and Movies (If you cannot find an appropriate match, please select a similar category)
- 3. Select your event date, and then write a title (If you have your event logo, please add it. It will help your event post stand out)
- 4. Select the event location; you should select 3 levels of location
- 5. Write your event post in the Event Description box. *Please refer to the tool guide for the Description box to make your event more visible.
- 6. Click POST to submit your event
- Do you want to promote your event with WorknPlay? Please contact Emily Lee at email@example.com
- One picture is worth a thousand words! Visit our Gallery to share pictures from your adventures in Korea. You can also take a look at WorknPlay's images from our organized events.
- We also feature all kinds of fun videos on our website. These can be accessed through the WorknPlay main page, and also the Entertainment page. If you know of any good Korea-related videos, or have recorded an interesting one yourself, please send it to Emily Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org
- This is a free web directory board for WorknPlay users! You are welcome to add your company or organization to Korea’s No. 1 job and entertainment resource guide. To do this, you will need to upload your company’s logo and images, along with a map or directions.
How to add your website link:
- 1. Click ADD SITE at the bottom of the Directory List
- 2. Select the appropriate category from the directory list. (If you cannot find a suitable category, please select a similar category.)
- 3. Writing keywords (tags) helps potential customers to search for your company (If you have your company’s website, please put your website address in the Home Page box.)
- 4. Write a short description about your company in the Description box. (100 characters including spaces)
- 5. Click ADD SITE to submit your listing
- If you want to advertise your company on WorknPlay website, please contact Emily Lee at email@example.com
- WorknPlay is the leading online guide for English speaking people living and working in Korea. As well as providing important information about life here, we also offer an employment service. Job seekers can upload their resumes for prospective employers, you, to browse. As a leading recruiter of foreigners in Korea, we offer access to a wide range of qualified candidates.
- To search for the best people for your jobs, go to the Employer tab on the right-hand side of our homepage. From here, you will be taken to the Employer page, which offers details of both Standard and Sponsored job postings. You will also find a Resume Search box. Click on this to begin your search.
How to do a Resume Search:
- [Please note, you must be registered, and signed in to use this facility. If your company does not yet have a profile, please complete the form found at: Employer > Resume Search > Company Profile. Once you have done this you post your jobs by clicking on the Job Postings tab, found to the right side of the Company Profile tab]
- Browse Box
- This helps you search for resumes by category, including: Language/Education;IT/Computer/Internet; Business/Media/Design or; Service/Art/Entertainment.
- Search Box
- This allows you to search for resumes using detailed information. First, the Job Type search tool can help you find candidates looking for Full time, Part time, Volunteer jobs or Internship opportunities. Second, the Location search tool helps you find candidates in or near your company's place of work. Last, the Keywords search tool helps you find candidates specifically fitting your requirements.
- Resumes that interest you can then be stored in separate folders. To do this, click on the Resume Folder box. The Posted Job function then allows you to view all applicants for each of your job listings. You will find this tab is the first on the left-hand side of the Resume Search page.) To take a look, and for more information on how WorknPlay can help you recruit your ideal candidates, visit Employer page
- WorknPlay allows you to search job listing for free! On our Jobs page, you can look through all the best jobs in Korea. To get the most relevant results, you can search using keywords referring to job categories,job types, and location. To the right side of the Jobs page, you will see a box containing Browse and Search:
- Browse Box
- This helps you search for jobs by category, including: Language/Education; IT/Computer/Internet; Business/Media/Design or; Service/Art/Entertainment.
- Search Box
- This allows you to search for jobs using detailed information. First, the Job Type search tool can help you find Full time, Part time, Volunteer jobs or Internship opportunities. Second, the Location search tool helps you find jobs in or near your area of preference. Last, the Keywords search tool helps you find jobs specifically fitting your requirements.
Create Your Resume
- Upload your resumes to the WorknPlay website at no cost! Hundreds of companies use WorknPlay in their search for new employees. These schools, companies, and recruiting agencies regularly check our site for new talent.
- How to upload your resume:
- 1. Go to the Jobs page and click My Profile to make your profile (You cannot create a resume without a profile)
- 2. Go to the My Resumes page and click CREATE RESUME.
* Refer to the tool guide for the Description box to make your resume more visually appealing
* Refer to Resume Advice to learn how to write a Korean style resume.
- When you have completed your resume, please click SAVE, to be taken to the preview page. From the preview page, you can make any changes necessary.
- Manual for using the Jobs page:
- My Profile: You can create and edit your profile.
My Resumes: You can create, edit, and delete your resume. You can create three resumes on one account.
Job Posting: You can check to see which companies have looked at your resume.
My Jobs: You can view your application history and saved jobs.
Top My Resume: You can put your resume on top of the resume list, so employers can see yours first.
Seeker FAQ: A help page for jobseekers using the WorknPlay website.
- Featuring blogs and forums, WorknPlay is a free, interactive community for expats, so come and join in!
- It's easy to sign up. Just click on the Sign Up icon on the main page and enter your e-mail address and a password. Soon after you have done this, you will receive an email confirming your registration.
- There are great benefits for all WorknPlay members; you can post your resumes, blogs, events and web directories for free. You will also be able to enjoy our new WorknPlay e-magazine for free, which is packed with useful information and interesting articles about Korean life. So, what are you waiting for?!
- Sign UP page →