As the first indoor arena built on February 1, 1963 in scale of 2 stories below and 3 above the ground, Jangchung Arena is located in Jangchung-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul. Its gross area is 11,399.2㎡ and there are 4,507 seats. The major facilities include arena, auxiliary arena, and parking lot and as for complementary facility, there are kiosk, cafeteria, and fitness center. At the west of the arena, there is Jangchungdan Park and there lies Hotel Shilla at the south and Dongho-ro at the north, facing from southeast to northwest.
The arena is formed in a round shape with dome-type roof. Its height is 26.53m, and the round court inside the arena allows for conducting various sports events like volleyball, basketball, and handball and centering the court, box seats as well as lower and upper seats are located. Such seat arrangement draws attention to the center without creating visually blind-spot from any direction from the seats.
It is the first indoor arena built in Korea. There are no doubt it is the shrine of all indoor sports of Korea. It has hosted Taekwondo and Judo during the 1988 Summer Olympics.
* Location: 241, Dongho-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul, Korea
* Purpose of use: Cultural and meeting facility (arena), neighborhood living facility
* Scale: 2 stories below and 3 above the ground, 11,399.20㎡of gross area with 4,507 seats (including flexible 1,324 seats)
* Parking side: 63 sides (including 2 sides for the handicapped, 2 sides for bus, 8 sides for women, and 5 sides fir VIPs)
* Other facility: Players’ waiting room (4 places), press room (1 place), VIP room (1 place), medical office (1 place), judge’s room (1 place), broadcasting studio (1 place), ticket box (2 place), nursing room and child-care room (1 place), administrative office (1 place)
Seoul Woori Card Weebie (2009~2012.3, 2015.10.~)
GS Caltex Seoul KIXX (2009~2012.3, 2015.1~ )