Need a place to stay?
Are you still looking for a house alone in Korea?
ZIP Housing provides translation and interpretation service for foreigners.
We give free consults about housing problems and provide offline guide service.
ZIP Housing's main focus is providing knowledge about the Korean real estate market and giving translation and interpretation services during househunting.
Service Process :)
[Budget for contract]
(1) Contract fee
You pay the contract fee when you are signing the contract. This fee has two roles
- Room reservation: The owner can’t sign the contract with other tenant after this payment.
- Promise: Someone who cancels the contract will pay this amount to the other party
*Contract fee is around 10% of the deposit (200,000-1,000,000won)
*You will pay the deposit, excluding the contract fee amount.
(2) Real estate commission
You make this payment as soon as you sign the contract. The fee depends on the contract amount, but it is usually around 250,000-450,000won.
For detail information, please check out the chart below.
|Amount of Contract
||Maximum Commission Amount
|Lesser than 50mil won
1) Amount of Contract=Deposit + (Monthly Rent x 100)
*If the amount of contract is smaller than 50mil won, you will use formula below.
**Amount of Countract=Deposit + (Monthly Rent x 70)
2) Maximum Commission Amount >='Amount of Contract' x 'Maximum Rate'
3) Commission for the officetel is higher than villa. Maximum rate is 0.4%-0.9%.
Therefore, when you want to sign the contract, you need to prepare the contract fee and the commission.
[Budget for living]
(1) Deposit & Monthly rent
Seoul - Popular Area (Gangnam, Hongdae,
Sinchon, Konkuk, etc)
|Seoul - Unpopular Area (Sinrim, Gimpo, etc)
|Outside of Seoul
*This is just a sample of one year contract of studio.
The price will differ a lot dependent on the contract term, room type, etc.
- If you pay higher deposit, you can pay lesser rent.
For example, you will pay 50,000won rent lesser, if you pay 5,000,000won deposit more.
(2) Maintenance fee
This is kind of building fee and you pay this to the owner with your rental payment.
Sometimes, maintenance fee includes water, internet or TV.
In case of villa, this fee is from 0-70,000won and the fee for officetel is double.
(3) Utility bill
Utility bill includes electricity, gas and water. You will pay this as much as you use.
You can just transfer the money to the bank account on the bill.
If you delay to pay this for 3 months, then the utility supply may stop.
< Sample utility fee>
*This amount will be different dependent on the usage.
*To cut the utility fee, it is good to not use too much heater on winter
*Electricity bill is based on progressive tax
[ Housing Guide REQUEST ]
(1) E-mail, SNS, Skype consultation
The manager of ZIP Housing will give feedback based on the customer's request form.
(2) Property search for the offline guide
After deciding on the area and budget for the property through consulting,
ZIP Housing will contact the real estate agencies for a meeting to see the properties.
(3) Offline guide service (5hours)
The customer and ZIP Housing visit real estates together to look for houses and give advice, translation, negotiation services.
(4) Translate on the phone when giving/receiving the deposit money in the moving in/moving out day
After signing the contract, help with the communication between the real estate / owner with the customer.
(5) Help with the internet installation
[ Service cost ]
▸Areas inside of Seoul :
100,000KRW => 70,000KRW (Discount period)
▸Areas outside of Seoul : Service in preparation
▸Standard Offline guide service is 5 hours.
- In these hours it includes guiding + signing the contract.
- If you wish to look for more houses after the standard 5 hours, it costs 8,000KRW per extra hour.
ZIP Housing has given service to more than 20 nationalities and gotten great reviews from our customers.
Check out the great reviews on their Facebook :)
Helping foreigners from the start to the end for housing problems.
Foreigners multi housing support start up company, ZIP Housing. Find your house today!