BALL HOCKEY MANIACS, LEND ME YOUR EARS...
Canada Ball Hockey Korea (CBHK) is once again recruiting a few good men and women for our 20th season of play, which will begin this February. Old and new players alike are welcome to start registering at www.cbhk.co now. The league is limited to the first 120 people (if less than 120 people register then the cut-off will be 96) to have registered and paid. If you register and complete your payment after the league fills up you will be put on a waiting list. Don't let this happen to you!
WHEN: The 2018 Spring League calendar is as follows.
2018 Spring Schedule
* Days played - All games will be played on Sunday, unless noted below.
** May 6th – No regularly scheduled or make-up games to be played this day. Pick-up/Tournament will be offered during the long weekend, pending interest.
** * Schedule Flexibility - With the league trying to adjust for bad weather days the schedule below has some flexibility and players need to account for this.
February 25th – Pre-season Rookie/Captain Tournament/Camp. (1st Mandatory Rookie Day).
Saturday, March 3rd – Rookie Pick-up/Camp (2nd and Final Rookie Day) followed by the League Draft.
March 4th – Week 1
March 11th – Week 2
March 18th – Week 3
March 25th – Week 4
April 1st – Week 5
April 8th – Make-up Games, if they are neeeded. If they are not needed, Week 6.
April 15th – Week 6 or 7
April 22nd – Week 7 or 8
April 29th - Week 8 or 9
May 13th - Week 9 or 10
May 20th – Week 10 or Make-up Games, if they are needed.
May 27th – Make-up Games, if they are needed.
Playoffs can start on any of the following dates, pending the completion of the regular season.
These are the scenarios. Please be aware that if the weather affects the playoff dates then players need to be prepared for adjustments here as well.
1. Scenario #1:
Saturday, May 19th – If no games have to be re-scheduled then the bottom four teams will play the preliminary round of the playoffs.
May 20th – the quarter-finals will be played.
May 27th – the semi-finals will be played
Saturday, June 2nd – the finals will be played followed by the league banquet and awards ceremony.
2. Scenario #2:
Saturday, May 26th – If only one week must be made up then the bottom four teams will play the preliminary round of the playoffs.
May 27th - the quarter-finals will be played.
June 3rd - the semi-finals will be played.
June 9th - the finals will be played followed by the league banquet and awards ceremony.
3. Scenario #3:
Saturday, June 2nd -- If two weekends have to be re-scheduled then the bottom four teams will play the preliminary round of the playoffs.
June 3rd – the quarter-finals will be played.
June 10th – the semi-finals will be played.
Saturday, June 16th - the finals will be played followed by the league banquet and awards ceremony.
LOCATION OF THE RINK: Sports Complex, Seoul. (Central and very convenient to get too.).
DIRECTIONS TO THE RINK: A map with full directions to the rink are provided on the main page of our website.
LOCATION OF HOCKEY/OTHER SUPPLIES SHOPS: They can be found on our website under the Forum section.
CLOTHING NEEDED: Team Shirt (provided) and then whatever other exercise gear you feel comfortable in and running shoes. Nothing more. We RUN.
GEAR NEEDED: You will need at least a hockey stick. Other gear is up to you. There are league sticks that you can use if you are coming out for the first time.
TEAMS, SPONSORS AND CAPTAINS: Names of teams, sponsors and captains vary from season to season. Please refer to our website.
REGISTRATION FACTS: (What You Get)
1. Eligibility for the Spring, 2018 Entry Draft which will take place on March 3rd, 2018 at one of our sponsors bars. Each player will be drafted on to one of 10 teams and be provided beer at the draft party.
2. Team Shirt and a Mouth Guard.
3. Four months (up to 14 weeks of ball hockey INSANITY from March to June).
4. Weekly stats of all players (Goals, Assists, Points) and goalies (GAA, Wins, SO) displayed on our website.
5. Use of a communal stick when you first come out, full goalie equipment (if you are a goalie) and world class rink facilities (boards/ official size nets/faceoff circles located on the site of the 1988 Olympic Games).
6. Discounted prices from our league sponsors. Please refer to the website for updates on this year's sponsors.
7. Bragging rights, if you outperform your mates.
8. A forum to build solid relationships, friendships and networking via league members and our website.
9. Being part of one of the largest expat groups in all of Korea.
10. Being part of the largest Ball Hockey Organization in all of Asia and a member of the International Street & Ball Hockey Federation (ISBHF).
11. The chance to win the CBHK CUP!!!
12. A night out with your fellow rookies, a pub crawl and team events will take place at various times throughout the season.
13. The League Banquet (Award Ceremony, Buffet, Beer and Hard Liquor) will be held on Saturday, June 2nd, 9th or 16th (dependent upon when the regular season ends) following the Championship Games.
14. 135,000W (150,000 won if you are paying after February 1st) worth of dead weight removed from your wallet and invested into something that will DRASTICALLY improve your quality of life in Korea, socially, emotionally and physically.
Register at the league's website - www.cbhk.co ASAP to reserve your spot for this season. All league payments must be received by February 28th (NO EXCEPTIONS). Payments can be made to:
Name: Cory Robert Pettit
Shinhan Bank (신한은행 ) Account #: 110-361-331157
PETTIT CORY ROBERT
After transferring the money, please let him know so he can confirm receiving your payment. He can be reached at 010 6687 8144, via kakao: coryp or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide your full name and payment details.
League numbers are limited to the first 120 people (if less than 120 people register then the cut-off will be 96) to register and pay. For further information please refer to our website, facebook page or email us at email@example.com .
Once that's done your world just got a whole lot better.
Don't miss out on this opportunity and be ready to play some ball hockey this spring. We guarantee that it will be one of the best things you will ever do during your stay in Korea.
Check out the publicity we have received locally and internationally, which includes player testimonials regarding the league and for additional information about us as well. This is who we are.
1. Hockey For Expats Goes Beyond The Ice
2. Big Rock Teams
3. Sticks Clash In Seoul Season Finale
4. Hockey Holds Preseason Draft
5. Ball Hockey Season Set to Commence
6. Hockey Season Starts Sunday
7. New Ball Hockey Season Starts
8. Hockey League Oasis in Korea Is Platform for All
9. Hockey League Hits Its Stride
10. Where Canadians Go, So To Does Hockey
11. Still Got Game - Age Doesn't Stop Player From Giving His All In Hockey by league member Jon Rabiroff
12. Canada Ball Hockey League Set To Start Fall Season
13. Ball hockey Cup Brings Korean, Hong Kong Expatriates Together
14. Canada hockey league gets ball rolling for spring season
15. Canadian Stories - Embassy of Canada Newsletter
16. Hockey Community Grows in Seoul
17. Ball Hockey In Korea Gears Up For Season 10
18. A Brief History of Canada Ball Hockey Korea (CBHK)
19. Hockey Day Spreads Love of Sport to Kids
20. Korean Team Wins Asia Ball Hockey Tourney
We have also been featured in the following printed and online publications:
1. Eloquence Magazine
2. Groove Magazine (in print and online at www.groovekorea.com ( ball hockey links can be found at
3. 10 Magazine: www.10mag.com
4. Seoulist: seoulistmag.com
5. KBS Radio
6. TBS Radio
7. FM Radio
VIDEOS and PHOTOS: (Numerous clips/videos and photos of league members and league games can be found online)
1. www.youtube.com Type " CBHK " into the search box. You will find clips of league games, promotions and events by a number of current and past league members as well as interviews by Rajnesh Sharma.
2. www.facebook.com – CBHK – Canada Ball Hockey Korea (photos and videos).
AWESOME AWESOME POWER!!!!